Short term cash forecasts are helpful, but only go so far (both literally and figuratively). If you really want to know where you’re going to be in more than a few months, you need a long term cash flow forecast that includes your balance sheet. This is especially important now that many business owners are taking on government stimulus such as the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans.
Fortunately, Jirav makes it easier than ever before to forecast and manage working capital with driver-based financial modeling. Join Evan Wells, VP of BizOps and Financial Services, for a one hour webinar in which you’ll learn best practices for building better cash forecasts that incorporate common working capital assumptions. As an example, we’ll book a PPP loan and forecast the forgiveness portion plus principal and interest payments on the amount due.
Watch the video above to learn how to:
- Build loan amortizations into your forecast
- Accrue liabilities such as employee bonuses
- Schedule purchases of Property, Plant and Equipment
- Forecast inventory purchases and relief
- Measure how accurately you are predicting cash over time